Saturday 4 February 2012

JT - The Best Summing Up I've Read

Like lots of other Blue Bloggers, I was intending to write my view on the FA taking the England captaincy away from JT. However, when I read the following quote from an old mate of mine on Facebook I thought I'd copy that instead (with permission). It says everything I would have, in fewer words and far more intelligently.


From Jim Cowan on Facebook. Jim was old school White Wall in the 70s and 80s who now, among other things runs equality training for businesses and raises bucket loads of cash for charities:


"I'm appalled by the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy. True equality must mean equality for all including in the eyes of the law. That means the standard of innocent until proven guilty applies to all regardless of whether you like the accused or not. Without maintaining that simple position true equality will never be achieved.

Equality is not about race or gender or sexual orientation or disability or religion......it is about all human beings being given the same treatment, the same respect by their fellow human beings. If you would expect to be allowed the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, you must extend that to Terry or accept you do not believe in equality for all.

By all means if he is found guilty then throw the book at him (and then some) with my blessing. But please do not talk about equality unless you are prepared to practice what you preach."





KTBFFH

No comments:

Post a Comment